[squid-users] NT Authentication & Squid?

From: Danie Robberts / PQN <DanieR@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 10:07:02 +0200

Guys,

I've got the following scenario set up:
Original:

My Win2K Workstation connected to the corporate network, with MS-Proxy
client loaded. When I browse, I do not need to supply any passwords to get
on the net, as my NT Account profile allows me to browse etc.

What I want to do is set up a Squid to be my local Cache intranet only), but
still not have to supply my username & password when I need to get onto the
extranet. I thought of using squid as a accelerator only, but there is more
than one intranet server which I need to cache, and if I set it up as my
default proxy, the NT logon window pops up every time I I click on any link
on a web page.

I have configured Squid using only the ./configure command with no extra
arguments

If there is any documentation on what I need to do, please point me in the
correct direction,

Thanx

Danie Robberts