Re: [squid-users] squid.conf cache_mem

From: Brian <hiryuu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 16:41:01 -0400

On Friday 24 August 2001 04:32 pm, Matt Anderson wrote:
> This server hasn't been rebooted in 175 days ... does it harm it to stay
> at these insane memory levels? Can I just stop the squid service adn
> restart it or must I reboot the server? Thank you so much for the help!
>
> I want my server to run the best it can -- gotta keep us engineers
> looking good ;). (ok, i'm not a linux engineer lol but let me pretend)

You can stop and restart squid itself (that's what I meant, actually) to
get the memory usage back down.

The only major problem with it as-is is you probably have very little disk
cache. So, you can restart squid to free up some memory for disk cache or
increase cache_mem to 128 or so and just use hot objects instead.

        -- Brian