[squid-users] Binding question

From: Luiz Lima <llima@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 13:10:41 -0300

I have a customer who has two types of connections on a Linux box: ADSL and
ISDN. The ISDN connection is more expensive, as he pays by usage time.
However, it is more efficient because it is directly connected to the ISP
where his websites are hosted.

What we need is a way to define which connection Squid will use depending on
the originating IP. What I would like to do is this:

- If request comes from 192.168.0.0/24, forward through ppp0 (ADSL using
Roaring Penguin's PPPoE)
- If request comes from 192.168.1.0/24, forward through eth2 (connected to
an external ISDN adapter)

IP Masquerading is doing this fine but we would like to put Squid on top of
it to be able to restrict access to certain URLs and other things.

Is it possible to configure this setup? None of the connections have a fixed
IP address.

---
Luiz Lima
Image Link Internet