[squid-users] Boehm GC

From: Arkadi E. Shishlov <arkadi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 15:19:10 +0300

  Hi.
  What people think about adding an option to Squid to be built
  with Boehm Garbage collector?
  The reason I ask for, is I'm expiriencing memory leak problem
  in all Squid installations I have (I'm very sure it is leaks).
  Recently, while testing ReiserFS RAW Squid branch, I was unable
  to keep Squid running for more than 5 minutes under Polygraph.
  Then I just tried to built it with Boehm GC and it become pretty
  solid, staying within bounds for a long run.

  Also it will be usefull in case system libraries leak memory or
  as memory leak detector.

  I can offer configure patch, very small source changes, README,
  and testing.

arkadi.