Re: [squid-users] Binding question

From: Luiz Lima <llima@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 11:20:58 -0300

> Not really. Squid simply sends the tcp traffic, its up to
> the machine to route that appropriately.

I see. Problem is that I cannot route based on origin because the origin
will always be the box itself, not the original client.

> You could do something like:
> main cache (listen on 8080)
> parent squid for adsl, no cache storage (listen on 127.0.0.1:8081)
> parent squid for isdn, no cache storage (listen on 127.0.0.1:8082)

I'll have to study it better, then. I've never used any relationship between
proxies before... But it sounds like a good idea anyway.

Thanks a lot.

> You could get away with only having an explicit parent for
> the isdn line.

Sure. The other "route" would be from the main proxy itself. I see what you
mean.

---
Luiz Lima
Image Link Internet