Re: [squid-users] frustated with log_fqdn! please bear with me :(

From: Carl Bellingan <cb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 10:27:16 +0000 (GMT)

Hi there,
Not a solid solution, but something to look at, Squid does not wait for a
reverse look-up to complete before logging, so if your lookup is taking too
long, squid will just log the IP. DNS look-up times could be a problem, are
you running a local caching DNS server?

cb

----------< < < | > > >----------
Carl Bellingan
SANAE IV Base,
1 Ice Rd (big house on the hill, can't miss it!),
Vesleskarvet,
Queen Maud Land,
Antarctica,
71 40' 23" South, 2 50' 04" West

Tel: 012 351 1801 (ZA code +2712 if outside South Africa)
Fax: 012 351 1701
And for those who wont type, here is the web address, nice and clickable...
http://www.flatfoot.co.za/carl/
Email: cbellingan@flatfoot.co.za

----
"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy
test."
	- George W Bush