RE: [squid-users] Installing squid RPM - don't have dependencies

From: Carl Bellingan <cb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 10:42:17 +0000 (GMT)

Hi there
OK, dependencies are a pain, this is just a small trick that i do from time
to time when i am feeling lazy. Have a look at www.rpmfind.net
In the search box, just type in the name of the shared lib (liblber.so.1)
or what ever and it will return some search results that should help you to
find the RPM you need, openldap12-xxx.rpm in this case.

> What do you do to fix this?
> Yeah, I'm a Linux newbie : ). Help is much appreciated.

We all were at some stage, and are compared to others. :)

cb

----------< < < | > > >----------
Carl Bellingan
SANAE IV Base,
1 Ice Rd (big house on the hill, can't miss it!),
Vesleskarvet,
Queen Maud Land,
Antarctica,
71 40' 23" South, 2 50' 04" West

Tel: 012 351 1801 (ZA code +2712 if outside South Africa)
Fax: 012 351 1701
And for those who wont type, here is the web address, nice and clickable...
http://www.flatfoot.co.za/carl/
Email: cbellingan@flatfoot.co.za

----
"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy
test."
	- George W Bush