[squid-users] tosaddracl branch testing

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 11:15:30 -0600

Hi all,

I generally don't email the squid-users list for development
testing, but this feature is something users have been asking
for over the last 12 months since I've been here (and probably
for a long while before!) so it may be of use to people.

The tosaddacl branch adds a couple of new features to squid -
ToS awareness and source IP address selection. Ripped straight from
the website:

<quote>
This work aims at extending Squid to work in more complex routing
environment where outgoing traffic must be marked with different
ToS or source IP's depending on who the user is.
</quote>

The website location is http://squid.sourceforge.net/tosaddracl/ .
You'll find a link to the patch and an example of how to use this.

I'm after some volunteers who would be willing to test this
functionality out. Specifically, I'm looking for any memory
leaks (during use and during reconfiguration), strange behaviour
and any hard crashes people come across whilst using this.

I'm going to be testing it privately here for the next week or so
to see if anything pops up. Hopefully I'll then be able to commit
it to squid-HEAD in time for whenever we release squid-2.5 .

Please email me _direct_ with the results of your testing, rather
than to the list.

Thanks!

Adrian