[squid-users] Can you help me with the configuration of the squid proxy?

From: Alejandro Gómez <alejandro@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 10:55:03 -0400

Hi

We have an ISP where we will make that a group of clients (IPs) go through
to a proxy. This proxy must request them a password so, if they are adults
go free to Internet and if they are young go leaked.

When the user go through a proxy squid, must be autentificated (Web
authentication, proxy squid asks for name of user and password), depending
on the user, will be allowed the access to a free content Internet or to a
restricted content.

Has the Proxy squid the functionality of verifiying the usuary?

see the image in http://www.nixus.cl/squid/consulta.htm

If the proxy squid does not have this functionality. Did exists some device
or software that depending on the user, will send him to free access to
Internet or will send him through the squid?, so to apply him the access
control list for enteryng the allowed sites?

Additionally to the previous configuration. Is it possible, before making
the Web authentication (usuary and password), depending to which group
belongs a determined IP, to give it free access to Internet without asking
for this authentication, or in the opposite case, if it belongs to another
group of IP directions, to ask for the Web authentication and to continue
with the previous configuration?

If the squid does not have the capacity to discriminate between groups of IP
directions, is it possible to make it with another device?

Thanks!!

Alejandro Gómez
Santiago
Chile.