[squid-users] httpd-accelerator and 302s

From: Mike Cantrell <yomahz@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 09:16:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I'm trying to setup squid in httpd-accelerator mode to
act as a reverse proxy for a webserver located on a
different host (running iplanet 4.1). I'm having some
issues w/ 302s and hostnames.

example:

hosts:
squid server = support
netscape server = bender

I have bender setup so that it thinks it's hostname is
support. Squid seems to be rewritting the hostname in
the 302. To test this I tried the following examples:

http://bender/test -> http://support/test/ (correct)
http://support/test -> http://bender/test/ (incorrect)

it should do:

http://bender/test -> http://support/test/ (correct)
http://support/test -> http://support/test/ (correct)

I tested it by telneting to the port as well just to
make sure I was getting the headers I thought I was
getting.

Since bender isn't available directly to the users
that will be using the proxy, they get an error. Any
ideas on getting this to work? I know I can't be the
first person to ask this but I can't find anything
related in the mail archives or the FAQ.