[squid-users] Antwort: Re: [squid-users] squid in chroot, child-process can īt start because of ERR_READ_TIMEOUT, need help!

From: <juergen.northe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 09:22:57 +0200

Again:

I know that it is not ok to add the chroot-paths to the location of the
files and directory,
because the chroot /chroot/squid switches the root from /chroot/squid to /.

The thing is that if I configure squid to chroot /chroot/squid and give the
paths
without /chroot/squid, the files are not found. If I add the /chroot/squid/
path to
the tags, the parent-process is getting started but the squid-child dies
with the
"canīt find /chroot/squid/etc/squid/errors/ERR_READ_TIMEOUT".

On Fri, 31 Aug 2001 juergen.northe@junghans-fwt.de wrote:

> Hi !
> i have compiled squid-2.3STABLE5 under RH 7.1 and created a chroot-jail
in
> /chroot/squid with the files listed at the end of this message.
> In /chroot/squid/etc/squid/squid.conf
> i modified the tags like:
> cache_effective_user / group squid

> icon_directory chroot/squid/etc/squid/icons
> error_directory /chroot/squid/etc/squid/errors
> pid_filename /chroot/squid/var/log/squid/squid.pid

Shouldn't these be

icon_directory /etc/squid/icons
error_directory /etc/squid/errors
pid_filename /var/log/squid/squid.pid

You'd probably do us a favour by including the output from something like

           find /chroot/squid -ls

Colin