[squid-users] dns_defnames and non-fqdn resolution

From: Deb Heller-Evans <deb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 08:43:28 -0700 (PDT)

When squid is not used as the proxy, the local client can
resolve non-fully qualified hostnames to the local domainname.

Then, when the browser client is config'd to use the proxy, the
non-fully qualified hostname is not resolved to the local
domain.

So, I set dns_defnames to on, but this did not change the
behaviour. Do I misunderstand this setting, or could I be
missing something else?

We're using Squid Cache version 2.3.STABLE1 for Solaris 2.6.

Thanks (in advance),

deb