[squid-users] LVS & cachemgr/snmp?

From: Mike Kiernan <mkiernan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 16:24:34 +0200

One of our squid farms looks like this:

cluster1.pl[public]:{[private] node1 node2 node3 }

| cluster2.pl[public]:{[private] node1 node2 node3 }
| |
|{control workstation:cachemgr.cgi}

Each node has 2 squids running on it, one
cacheing, one redirecting/delaying.

I want to setup the control workstation so
it sucks in all the 12 cachemgr stats to one
central location (we have no webservers within
the squid farm to server cachemgr.cgi).

Problem is the cluster is LVS (linux virtual server)

It's thus not possible to reliably obtain correct stats
for each node because of the round-robin. I can
probably work around by proxying the cachmegr request
to another port eg: node1:81 where node1 is an internal
static ip and forwarding it locally on the machine to
cluster1.pl:80, but this seems a bit ott.

Any way squid can dump this data to another port?

I haven't looked at any of the snmp stuff yet - does this
return the same stats - is it a viable alternative
to grab the data?

cheers,
Mike

--