[squid-users] Squid in accelerator mode problem

From: Maarten J H van den Berg <maarten@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 16:53:24 +0200

Hi,

Sorry I if this has been asked before, I have not been able to find the
solution to this in any docs.

I'm looking for a solution to the following problem: We have a webserver
where we want a squid-accelerator to forward requests for two different
domains, to two different webservers. This is possible, if I'm not
mistaken, when [some of] the origin servers are on other hosts.
In this case however, all three programs do run on the same host, on
different ports. A rewriter can rewrite URLs to other URLs, but there is
no mention it can also rewrite to different ports. We are stuck with a
single IP address, alas...

One of those webservers does not _necessarily_ need to be accelerated by
squid, but attempting to run both squid and something else on port 80 is
probably quite impossible...

Does anyone have any insights on this ?

Thanks in advance,

Maarten

--
Maarten J. H. van den Berg   ~~//~~   network administrator
van Boetzelaer van Bemmel  -  Amsterdam  -  The Netherlands