[squid-users] Deny direct access to Internet

From: Tim Rohrer <tgrohrer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 20:44:38 -0400

I'm experimenting with Squid and ipchains in preparation for my kids starting
surfing. I read that I can expand upon Squid to develop surf-watching tools
(similar to net nanny). Unfortunately, I haven't been able to figure out how
to prevent a web browser that isn't configured for the proxy from accessing
the Internet. Do I want a transparent proxy?

If so, I configured Squid for that but found that nothing was getting logged
in access.log. Yes, I used ipchains to redirect port 80 to 3128. Without
the logging, how do I know if this is working?

Sorry if these questions are answered somewhere, I searched quite a bit but
no joy.

Thanks in advance for help.

Tim