Re: [squid-users] Problem with LDAP authentication on Win32 Port

From: Guido Serassio <serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 11:53:33 +0200

Hi,

Il 10.29 10/09/2001 Alexis Bosson ha scritto:
>Hello,
>
>In my test environment, I use two squid configurations:
>Squid 2.4 Stable 2, On GNU/Linux Debian 2.2, compiled from sources.
>Squid 2.3 STABLE 5, On Win NT 4.0, native Win32 port (binaries).
>The goal is to create a generic proxy configuration which will be installed
>in several places around the world by my company for intranet uses.
>
>As you can see, with the same server, the same connection string, the same
>user parameters, I obtain a "OK" response on Linux, and a "ERR" response on
>Window$.
>I think it's a bug in the Win32 port of the "squid_ldap_auth" external
>authenticate program. In the README.txt file of the WIn32 port, it's said :
>
>Current features:
> Run as a native Windows NT Service (No CygWin Unix emulation, compiled
>with MS VC++ 6.0)
> [...]
> LDAP Authenticator working as DLL plug-in (NOT YET TESTED !!!)
> [...]
>
>Please help me... Thanks in advance

As You can see, the LDAP Authenticator was NEVER tested, I don't have a
LDAP server at home .....

I can try to support you during my little free time, because, as You can
read on Squid NT Web page, the NT port is NOT supported by Squid community.

Guido

-
Serassio Guido
Via Albenga, 11/4 10134 - Torino - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.610749
E-mail: serassio@interfree.it
         serassio@libero.it
WWW: http://www.serassio.it