[squid-users] Denying access to https site

From: Eric Engen <eengen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 19:05:36 -0500

It was brought to my attention today that our users can go to
https://www.safeweb.com and from there, surf to wherever their little
fingers desire, totally avoiding our squid box for filtering purposes.

Adding .safeweb.com to my banned_url dstdomain acl didn't stop it. I think
it has something to do with the fact that this is a SSL site.

I've searched the FAQs for help, but can't seem to find what I'm looking
for. Can anyone point me to the info on how to deny access to specific ssl
sites?

System configuration: 2.3STABLE4 on K6-2 233MHz, RedHat 6.2 OS

Eric Engen
eengen@esu10.org
Platte Valley Academy
Shelton, Nebraska