[squid-users] LDAP group authentication

From: Alexis Bosson <abosson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 14:59:27 +0200

Hello,

I must use LDAP group authentication.
- One solution seems to be a frequently updated file for each group,
containing names of each member of the LDAP group, but this is quite heavy
to maintain and no immediate.
- The other one is to use the LDAP group authentication patch :
http://www.fatgut.org/squid/group_ldap_auth/group_ldap_auth.diff-2.3.STABLE3
.gz
The problem is that this patch has only been done for Squid 2.3 STABLE 1,2,3
and I currently use Squid 2.4 stable2. I wonder whether it's safe and secure
to use 2.3stable3 instead, as I read there were security bug fixes beetween
2.3stable3 and 2.3stable5, and speed improvements in the 2.4 series.

Thanks in advance

--
Alexis BOSSON - Web developper & GNU/Linux administrator