RE: [squid-users] NTLM auth vs 2.4 vs 2.5

From: Chemolli Francesco (USI) <ChemolliF@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 10:01:02 +0200

> > It has some memory leaks and other problems, but if you can
> afford the
> > occasional scheduled downtime you should fare fine.
>
> How much down time? This could easily accomodate a weekly or
> so reboot.

The amount of downtime depends on the amount of disk-based cache
essentially.

> Should that be sufficient?

It depends. My leak rate was about 400 Mb/12M requests, or roughly
32 bytes/reqest. The leak pattern wasn't bad though, the amount of
swapin/swapouts was low until a certain moment (I am not sure as to
what caused the change in patterns) and thus sustainable.
You'll have to do some testing yourself, and if you have the time you
could go leak-hunting :)

--
	/kinkie