[squid-users] ip_wccp: can it allow multiple ip's response

From: Edward <edward@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 21:16:42 -0400

Hi there!

I have squid 2.5 Devel w/TOS running on redhat 7.1 w/ kernel 2.4.9

cisco 2620 router 12.1 IP IOS

I have downloaded the ip_wccp from squid-cache.org website.

I compile it :

gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -pipe -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -march=i686 -DMODULE -DMODVERSIONS -include /usr/src/linux/include/linux/modversions.h -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c ip_wccp.c

I had one error : ip_wccp.c:86: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type

Finally I setup wccp on the router (the easy part) an started testing.

I have 2 different networks using squid. This is why I am using the TOS patch.

Please take a look here: http://squid.sourceforge.net/tosaddracl/example.html

From my analysis, it seems that squid only reply w/ one ip addr, not both as I was expecting.

When I tried wccp_outgoing_address x.x.x.A2, I can browse on the other network. I am also see that ip addr appearing in the cisco sh ip wccp web-cache view

My squid machine have 1 ether card with one main ip: 200.50.68.7 and an alias 64.110.11.2.

By default, with wccp (w/o wccp_outgoing_address ), the squid machine use 200.50.68.7.

Now I do not know if this is a problem w/ ip_wccp?

Now will I need 2 ether cards in the squid server to have wccp to work for the 2 networks?

I would greatly appreciate any input of anyone having the same setup a me and who know a fair bit on wccp.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Edward Millington. BSc, Network+
(Network Administrator & Senior Technical Support Technician)
Cariaccess Communications Ltd.
Palm Plaza
Wildey
St. Michael