RE: [squid-users] Squid + Firewall + non std ports

From: Barry Darnton <BarryD@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 15:47:00 +1000

Well between sending this message and now I have found a solution although I
dont really like it.

I have the following
acl local_domain dstdomain .kids .health.nsw.gov.au
always_direct allow local_domain

acl transparent dstdomain chw.edu.au
never_direct allow transparent

acl Problem_sites_nonstd dstdomain .harvard.edu
never_direct allow problem_sites_nonstd

acl chw proxy_auth REQUIRED

http_access allow local-domain
http_access allow transparent
http_access allow chw
http_access allow problem_sites_nonstd

The problem_sites_nonstd is what I needed to do for these sites that require
some form of authentication after you reach them, if they are not using port
80. I cant explain this because if you go to the site on port 8080 it gets
there fine and you can go wherever you like using <>80 until you go
somewhere that requires authentication (non SSL). I put it after the chw
access control so that you still need to authenticate prior to using that
site.

I am still confused about the authentication though, I would like to define
chw as say network 10.x and use authentication for that network but deny any
other network. It seems to me that you cant define a network to use
authentication. to get chw to authenticate I used acl chw proxy_auth
REQUIRED but then users on my external networks (non 10.x) can authenticate
if they have a username and password. The Acl's are a little confusing on
ways to do this. I can stop them if I use network ACL such as acl chw src
10.x.x.x/255.0.0.0 but I cant do this with authentication.

Barry