Re: [squid-users] refresh_pattern usage

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 09:16:05 +0200

Francisco Ovalle - SMCC SE Mexico wrote:

> Can any one point me to any source of deeper information on how this tag works??

Sources of information:
  squid.conf
  The Squid FAQ
  Squid Users Guide
  Squid sources

> I want to force the cache to use ALL it's stored content for several minutes
> instead of retrieving new data form the internet.

You cannot force caching of all information. Not sure you actually want
this as some information may be private, not meant to be shared between
users.

The following should force most content to be cached for at least 5
minutes unless the content is explicitly marked as non-cacheable.

refresh_pattern . 5 20% 4320 override-lastmod

If you want to also cache content that is marked as non-cacheable you
need to play with the other override-- options, but be suer to
understand the effect of those when doing so.

Please also make sure you understand the warning about min ages greather
than 0 in squid.conf.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker