[squid-users] reporting Netbios error

From: Van Bossche Koen <Koen.VanBossche@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 12:09:27 +0200

Hi all,
I installed last week the latest squid tar file for use of NTLM
authentication. I aim to use it so the user will not receive the
authentication popup box.
However I have been testing it for one week now and from time to time it
appears and then I get this error in my cache.log file :

2001/09/17 00:00:01| helperOpenServers: Starting 8 'squidGuard' processes
2001/09/17 00:00:01| helperStatefulOpenServers: Starting 8 'ntlm_auth'
processes
WARNING. The -f flag is DEPRECATED and always active.
WARNING. The -f flag is DEPRECATED and always active.
WARNING. The -f flag is DEPRECATED and always active.
WARNING. The -f flag is DEPRECATED and always active.
WARNING. The -f flag is DEPRECATED and always active.
WARNING. The -f flag is DEPRECATED and always active.
WARNING. The -f flag is DEPRECATED and always active.
WARNING. The -f flag is DEPRECATED and always active.
NetBios error code 4 (RFCNBE_BadWrite: Write system call returned an error.
Check
 errno.)
2001/09/17 09:41:21| fqdncacheParse: No PTR record
NetBios error code 4 (RFCNBE_BadWrite: Write system call returned an error.
Check
 errno.)

Is there a solution or workaround? I have been playing a bit with the
configuration items :
auth_param ntlm max_challenge_reuses 1000
auth_param ntlm max_challenge_lifetime 3000 minutes
However it does not seem to have much impact.

Best Regards/Koen

Koen Van Bossche

KONE International SA
KCO Telecom