Re: [squid-users] Access Rules Help

From: Colin Campbell <sgcccdc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 11:54:19 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, Eric Lam wrote:

> I currently have a rules setup where all websites are banned, except for the
> ones listed. I wish to to add all websites that contain the domain
> infograc.galegroup.com. This includes...
>
> http://infotrac.galegroup.com
> http://subdomain.infotrac.galegroup.com
>
> Which of the following should I use?
>
> acl ALLOW_DSTDOMAIN dstdomain .infotrac.galegroup.com
> acl ALLOW_DSTDOMAIN dstdomain infotrac.galegroup.com

I believe you want the one with the preceding ".". At the risk of being
labelled a pedant, I'd be inclined to change the name, ie

acl infotrac dstdomain .infotrac.galegroup.com

Then you can have sensible http_access lines like:

        http_access allow infotrac
or
        http_access deny infotrac

which IMHO is potentially a little less confusing than

        http_access deny ALLOW_DSTDOMAIN

Colin

--
Colin Campbell