[squid-users] error in cache.log after crashing

From: brain_damaged <brain_damaged@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 12:08:39 -0400

Hello,
I found this error in the cache.log after the
mailserver crashes the squid.

comm_udp_send to : FD4, 208.62.145.35, port 53 no buffer space available

same for idnssend query

then idsncheckqueue: ID 89 giving up after 88 tries
303.5 seconds.

I also noticed that I have to reboot the machine after squid crashes. IF I try to restart I get a error stating it can't find the fully qualifed name that I should set the visible_hostname.

A reboot take cares of all these errors.

Help is greatlly appreciated as this is all above me

thanks
mark