[squid-users] NTLM + samba question

From: Van Bossche Koen <Koen.VanBossche@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 09:46:48 +0200

Hi all,

I'm currently running squid on kernel v2.4.6 with reiserfs and diskd. It's
works very well except for the authentication. I use NTLM but
receive a lot of errors of the kind 'netbios error code 4'. I have to use
NTLM because it is an argument to install it for other countries also. They
need a secure
authentication with less administration.

I was thinking if it maybe might help to install samba. It probably are DC
errors. However since samba can act as a DC also...
Did someone use it already for this purpose? All our DC's are NT, how should
I set it up without overruling NT. Can somebody help me with this.
Should i configure it as USER of DOMAIN?

Look forward receiving comments on this?

Thanks
Koen