Re: [squid-users] Resolving internal hosts

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 00:32:59 +0200

/etc/hosts is only used if you build squid with --disable-internal-dns,
or is brave enough to try the Squid-2.5 snapshots.

--disable-internal-dns will disable the built-in DNS client of Squid and
instead rely on the OS provided resolver (which uses /etc/nsswitch.conf
as usual..).

Squid-2.5 knows about the existense of /etc/hosts and will read this in
addition to using DNS, giving /etc/hosts higher priority than DNS.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Hacker