[squid-users] Transparent caching with WCCP.. please help

From: Deeptish Dey <deeptish@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 13:52:33 +0530 (IST)

Hello Squid Gurus,

This is to tell you, that my squid is doing well with my masquarador host,
where redirection is not necessary; I plan to use it with our cisco router
3660, IOS 12, configured it, and I see the I see you -- here I am
packets; but no increase of access.log file. here I am using squid version
2.3.STABLE4; with LINUX kernel 2.4.2-2 on REDHAT 7.1 distribution,
furthermore ip_wccp.o is sucessfully insmod-ed; What exactly I should try
now?

another problem is that for short domain names ( www for www.mydomain
) squid is unable to find the ips, and for all local machines user need to
type-in the fully qualified domain names, which you would agree is a pain.

Also I notice that the squid server (other one installed in the masq
host) does not cache all the gif's, but some.. please assist me to know
what should I do to tell squid to cache all images, txt, files?

There goes all the pain I am going through, and any help from your
end.. would be highly appreciated; I find no other go but to registrar in
this mailing list.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Deeptish Dey,