RE: [squid-users] Squid vs IPMasquerading

From: Andreas Piesk <apiesk@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 12:16:38 +0200

disadvantages) of Squid & IPMasquerading kindly sent >to me.
>I have to select one b/w them.
>Is it possible that from squid that i share ssh and other (IP) services b/c
by default it only provide very few
>services?
>Kindly guide in this regard(e.g send the sample conf or send the docs or
urls ).

squid is a http proxy only. if you need more than http(s), use a generic
proxy like socks5 (not listed in
your options) or masquerading.

ciao -ap

just curious, what means b/c ? i guess b/w means between, but b/c ?

btw: try to avoid sending html mails. some people cannot read them.

System Administration
VIRBUS AG
Fon +49(0)341-979-7424
Fax +49(0)341-979-7409