[squid-users] TCP_MISS/304 ( is this possible? )

From: Murphy Terrance M <MurphyTerranceM@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 14:56:34 -0500

Greetings,

I am seeing this code in my access files for a particular problem site:
"TCP_MISS/304".

How can this be? The 304 says that the object was "not modified", which
tells Squid its OK to
use the one in the cache, correct? Then the TCP_MISS means that Squid
doesn't have it in cache. But
Squid had to have it in cache, otherwise it would have not asked to compare
the object's modification time
with the origin server in the first place, right? HUH?

Would someone please set me straight on this?

2.3STABLE4 on Solaris.

Terry Murphy
Network Public Access
Deere and Company