[squid-users] squid -k rotate problem with redirector

From: Lasse Holmqvist <Lasse.Holmqvist@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 23:27:42 +0200

Hi,

I have used -k rotate every night without any problem with
earlier versions of Squid but with 2.4STABLE2 it doesn't
work.

New i STABLE2 is that the redirectors are restarted by -k rotate
which is nice while it makes it possible to rotate the rerdirector's
log files.

I use squidGuard (30 children) and after each rotate I *lose* some
children, in cache.log this error is repeated a number of times:
  helperOpenServers: Starting 30 'squidGuard' processes
  ipcCreate: fork: (12) Not enough space
  WARNING: Cannot run '/opt/local/squidGuard/filter/squidGuard' process.

If I kill and restart squid everything works OK until next rotate.

Squid is running on a Sun Ultra 30 Solaris 7 768 MBytes
with 30 GBytes ufs or diskd cache serving ~2000 clients.

Is this a squid or squidGuard problem ?

Regards
Lasse Holmqvist