[squid-users] Re: A Happy Deeptish and two veterans rizwan&khiz may open my passage to glory

From: Deeptish Dey <deeptish@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 11:33:03 +0530 (IST)

Hi Abhilash,

Let Me clear up few things immediately,

1. finally I switched over to ip_wccp.o, as with ip_gre.o my squid was
numb. So if u wish u can try with that.

2. access list is must, I previously did as u r now that the list will
deny traffic from squid to any, smile not the case, it means that any
traffic from squid will not be redirected, thats why the deny rule.
SO u have to put those lines in proper places, deny for all cache hosts,
and permit for other hosts.

3. ip wccp web-cache redirect out;;; PUT THIS LINE IN YOUR wAn INTERFACE
AND not IN ETHERNET INTERFACE...

----that does it all, with blessings of squid gods and goddess, if u wish
u can get it done with ip_gre, with little more effort, not doing the
mistakes I did ( I still dont know )... do mail back...;

TODO:
PREPARE a cookbook for transparent proxy with wccp

Regards

Deeptish