[squid-users] Benchmark of compiler options on Squid?

From: Steve Snyder <swsnyder@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 09:29:50 -0500

Has anyone benchmarked various GCC compiler optimizations used when
building Squid?

I'm building for a Pentium3 box, using the compiler included in RedHat's
v7.1 release. I understand that there's some environment-specific
variables (CPU L2 cache size, etc.), but I'm hoping that some industrious
person has tested differing compiler options when compiling for for the
i686 processor.

Any info on this? Thanks.