Re: [squid-users] Benchmark of compiler options on Squid?

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 11:20:07 -0500

Henrik is correct.

Squid compiled -O and -O3 results in nearly immeasurably small
differences (around 3%--I wouldn't even call it statistically
significant), as does compiling for a specific compiler. The slowdowns
in Squid, it seems, are not of the 'tight loop' sort that compiler
optimizations can sometimes help.

                                   --
                      Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
                  Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances