Re: [squid-users] windowsupdate problem

From: Allan Lyons <lyonsa@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 11:06:24 -0600

Others have had similar problems. I think that this is similar to Bug #150.

I had the same problem and I just tried increasing the cache sizes. However, yours are already much larger than mine ever
were. I haven't yet had a chance to really test my new setup yet.

Currently, my wild guesses about why this might be happening has to do with maximum_object_size_in_memory. See what
happens if you make it larger than the patches that you are getting via Windows Update. Another guess is that there might
be an issue with the cache replacement algorithm when it comes to expiring old objects when new larger objects come
through. Again, these are just guesses that I have no proof at all for.

This might be difficult to do, but does everything work if the cache is completely empty?

If you figure out how to make it work, post the details here. Perhaps that might help the developers figure out what is really
going on.

Allan.