Re: [squid-users] multiple authenticate_program clauses, and customer claimed squid asked both

From: Marc Haber <mh+squid-users@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 22:17:43 +0200

On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 09:09:47PM +0200, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> Marc Haber wrote:
> > Customer claims that users from both domains were able to use the
> > proxy until yesterday.
>
> If so, this was certainly not caused by Squid. The authenticate_program
> directive is single-valued, and if specified more than once then the
> last specification is used.

I suspected this. Thanks for the clarification.

> > Right now, squid denies all requests
> > originating from domain2 users, and only the first smb_auth process
> > children (5 processes) authenticating against domain1 is currently
> > running. When I restart squid, only smb_auth domain1 children are
> > started.
>
> Are you sure it is not the other way around?

Yes, pretty sure. Only the smb_auth children authentication against
domain1 are started.

> > Any hints will be appreciated.
>
> Chaining multiple authenticators together is pretty simple with a Perl
> little programming. Search the archives for examples. The same thing can
> theoretically be done with some creative use of shell scripted pipes..

Yes, I have seen some of these perl scriptlets. But before I activate
one like this, I wanted to make sure that indeed the configuration I
found must have been defective.

Thanks for the fast answer, I really appreciate that.

Greetings
Marc

Karlsruhe, Germany |  lose things."    Winona Ryder | Fon: *49 721 966 32 15
Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 721 966 31 29