[squid-users] Squid hanging

From: Vanja Hrustic <vanja@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 17:19:18 +0700

I have a Squid installation (2.4-STABLE1) which sometimes simply 'hangs' for 30-60 seconds.

What happens is that Squid accepts connections, but no requests go through. Nothing remains in the logs that would explain the behaviour. Squid does handle quite many users (it's located in an ISP), but the load on the machine
itself is not very high - vmstat will show that most of the time CPU is idle 80-90%.

Squid "comes back" a minute later (usually), like nothing has happened. There is no rule as 'when it happens'. Sometimes Squid works for days without problems, and sometimes it happens twice in a day.

It's probably quite hard to say what is the problem here, but I'd appreciate to find out if someone had similar problem before, and what was the solution.

Regards,

Vanja