Re: [squid-users] DNS not caching properly

From: Michael K Bender <benderm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 08:56:39 -0400

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> Michael K Bender wrote:
>
> > An nslookup for the host returns all three IP's, but in a different, rotating order each time.
>
> Then Squid will round-robin over the three IP's.
>
> --
> Henrik Nordström
> Squid Hacker

So, this means that every time that squid sends a request to this server, it will pick a different IP address
to use? This, apparantly, confuses the server(s) that I'm trying to connect to. You don't happen to know any
way to disable this within squid, do you? I've disabled it via /etc/hosts for the moment.

Mike

--
# Mike Bender     Marlboro System Managers #