Re: [squid-users] No SWAPIN in store.log

From: Colin Campbell <sgcccdc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 14:39:26 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, Delcam wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm using Squid 2.4 STABLE 2.
> I want to get some statistics about stored objects.
> I want to know when an object is placed to the cache, when
> it removed from there and how many times it was accessed.
> How I can get this info? What is the easiest way?
> I've read through the FAQ and manual and found that theoretically
> I can reach this with analyzing store.log file,

Sounds pretty right to me. After all it is logging information relevant to
storing objects in the cache (disk and memory). However you might want to
look at the access log. It'll tell you about hits and misses on the cache.

> but I cannot find any SWAPIN directive in it, so my objects
> are never read from the disk?
> How it is possible if my cache shows good performance and seems
> to work well?

Read the definition of SWAPIN more carefully and you'll see it says
"The object existed on disk and was read into memory." I suspect this
means it went from the disk cache to the in-memory cache, basically the
opposite of SWAPOUT.

Colin