Re[3]: [squid-users] No SWAPIN in store.log

From: Colin Campbell <sgcccdc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 16:59:57 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, Delcam wrote:

> Ok, this means that among this 3Gb wasn't any popular enough
> object to copy it from the disk to memory even some of them
> were accessed, right?

I suspect so.

> But returning to the original question.
> I can get that an object was deleted from the cache with analyzing
> the store.log. I can get that an object was accessed from the cache
> with analyzing the access.log
> How I can know that an object is placed to the cache, i.e. it was
> considered as cacheable, retrieved from the source and stored
> somewhere (in-memory or on disk)?
> I've seen a directive CREATE, but the FAQ says that it is unused anymore.

I'm not sure you can. The store log doesn't appear to give as much
information as I thought it might. There are some apparently strange
things going on when I try to correlate the acces log and store log.

I guess the only thing you can rely on is the squid result codes in the
access log.

If you get a MISS it wasn't in the cache. If you get a HIT, it was in the
cache and was probably put there after the previous MISS.

This might be a question for someone a little smarter than me.

Colin

--
Colin Campbell
Unix Support/Postmaster/Hostmaster