Re: [squid-users] Follow up on squid -k rotate problem with redirector

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 00:42:21 +0200

It is dependent on the amount of swap space, but the exact amount you
need to not run into troubles depends on a lot of timing. It is a pity
that the UNIX API does not have a reliable call for starting new
processes that is not dependant on the current process size (i.e. a
combined fork() and exec() call). Because of this we have to live with
stupidities like requiring huge amounts of temporary swap space when
starting new sub-processes of a large application.

Thanks for the positive acknowledgement on the patch. It will be in the
next Squid release (2.5).

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Hacker