Re: [squid-users] compiling ip_wccp.c

From: Kareem Mahgoub <kashraf@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 09:12:28 +0200

Hello Squid Users,
I would like to add my own experience with wccp
I am using RedHat 7.1
Kernel 2.4.3-12
Squid 2.4s2
Cisco 3620 IOS 12.1(4)
I would like to add 2 things here
1- When I try to compile ip_wccp.c I had problems till one of my friends
solved it to me by adding an include file
#include <net/protocol.h>
Then I compiled it using
gcc -D
_KERNEL_ -I/usr/src/linux-2.4.3/include/ -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-stric
t-aliasing -pipe -DMODULE -c -o ip_wccp.o ip_wccp.c
2- When I try to make modprobe I received many errors, yet I managed to make
insmod ip_wccp and it worked fine.
I verified this with lsmod and it was listed.
I hope this would help any body here.
Best Regards,
Kareem Mahgoub