Re: [squid-users] Always TCP_MISS

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 09:51:05 +0200

Irfan.Hasan@daimlerchrysler.com wrote:

> I'm running Squid 2.4.STABLE2, when I check the access.log file
> It shows TCP_MISS with every entry even I go the same web site again.

Note that you cannot check the cache by using the "Reload" button, and
if you have the pages already cached in your browser cache it will take
some time before the Squid cache builds up.

Do the following test:

* Clear your browser cache
* Browse to a couple of different pages on a site (remember which ones).
* Go somewhere else on the web
* Clear your browser cache

now you should see mostly hits in your cache, plus a few TCP_MISS for
content which was not cacheable.

* close your browser
* open a new browser, and revisit the pages again.

now you should see a lot of TCP_HIT/304 in your log where you previously
saw TCP_HIT/200.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Hacker