Re: [squid-users] different cache access denied message

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 23:30:08 +0200

As you may have noticed authentication programs only return "OK" or
"ERR" which somewhat limits the diversity of messages you can return to
the user.

However, deny_info applies to authentication required messages, so you
can return different error messages depending on which proxy_auth ACL
the user was denied / not allowed by.

There is als a couple of patches extending what authentication programs
may return to Squid. See for example
http://devel.squid-cache.org/projects.html#authinfo

Regards
Henrik Nordström