RE: [squid-users] Squid and VPN, not working!!!

From: Stuart Low <thedude@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 14:33:32 +1000

MMM,

So you loop back from the Cisco router to the squid proxy?

Now if you disabled the transparent redirect and specify the squid proxy
directely on the Windows 98 machine does it work? If so then what you have
is squid TRYING to get out but it keeps looping back to itself (cause the
Cisco router is what it gets its connection through)..

So basically you get;

Windows 98 ---> Cisco --> Squid ---> Cisco --> Outside

But instead u have

Windows 98 --> Squid ---> Cisco --> Squid --> Cisco

In an endless loop, make sure you have specified that the redirect rule does
not incorporate the squid box itself.

How's that?

Stuart

---