Re: [squid-users] Squid and VPN, not working!!!

From: Colin Campbell <sgcccdc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 08:52:33 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

This sounds like problems with the "Do Not Fragment" bit. You can download
small things but hang on large ones. Are you behind a firewall? Does your
firewall allow ICMP outwards? When a packet with DF set hits a device that
must fragment, that device sends an ICMP 3/4 (destination unreachable,
fragmentation required). If that ICMP doesn't get through your firewall
you get the symptoms you describe.

 On Mon, 8 Oct 2001, Mark Tinka wrote:

> i have modified the MTU option in my /proc partition on the Linux, and
> i will say that there some improvement.. the only problem is that i
> can't seem to download some web sites, and some web sites fully.. for
> instance, i can only download part of the main yahoo.com page, but can
> read my e-mail on the mail.yahoo.com pages....
>
> also, i can download the cnn.com page, but it hangs when trying to
> download the main graphics.. same thing for google.com ..

Colin