Re: [squid-users] http_accelerator problem

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 13:35:32 +0200

For SSL "acceleration" you need an SSL enabled Squid, or else Squid
don't know how to accept SSL encrypted requests.

SSL support is available in the upcoming Squid-2.5 release.

Note that this will make Squid the SSL endpoint, not your web servers.
From Squid to your web servers HTTP will be used.

If you wish the SSL web server to stay as the SSL endpoint then your
best option is port forwarding, not full proxying/caching/acceleration.

There are a wide range of redirector programs. To find out more about
yours start by inspecting the perl code. If it came from somewhere then
there usually is a comment header at the start of the file describing
what it is and where it came from.

If the file is very short (only tens of lines long) then it most likely
is a simple homebrewed script. The job of a redirector helper is very
simple, and consequently writing one in Perl from scratch is also very
simple.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Hacker