RE: [squid-users] cache filling up too fast

From: Peter Kassies <p.kassies@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 15:10:00 +0200

You shouldn't be removing the cache files.

When your cache is full:
Squid uses an "intelligent" function which determines what objects are
"hot".
These hot objects will remain in cache. non-hot objects are removed.

So if cache is full 99%: this is good!
A lot of cache means fast access for your users.

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-12.html#ss12.25
might provide you some more insight.

Peter