Re: [squid-users] Disabling persisten connections

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 09:04:10 +0200

"S. Endgirgli" wrote:

> My client cannot access webpage when proxy is enabled in browser.
> I want to disable persistent connections in squid.conf using
> server_persistent_connections on
> should I toggle it to
> server_persistent_connections off
>
> What is the flag to disable it?

like above.

> P.S. Should I disable it for the sevrers or for the clients?

It depends.

* If persistent connections isn't the cause to the problems then
diabling it at either side or both won't make any difference.

* If you have problems with broken servers who cannot properly negotiate
persistent connections then disabling server side persistent connections
should be sufficient.

* If you have problems with a broken client, then disabling client side
persistent connections should be sufficient.

* If there is a problem in how Squid manages persistent connections,
then one or both of the sides may need to be disabled.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Hacker