Re: [squid-users] i have trouble with my acl list

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 10:00:33 +0200

schmitz@iae.de wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have trouble with my acl list. The log file show me no errors. This is my
> ACL list. ind the two porn list is the word xxx sex ... inside. This sites
> must be Access-Denied. But it doesn't work. Why??

> # http_access deny all
> http_access allow password

Because the above allows all users access to everything with no
restrictions. The order of http_access rules is important.

> http_access deny porn
> http_access allow notporn
> http_access deny !Safe_ports
> http_access deny Dangerous_ports
> http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
> http_access deny all

I would suggest the following:

http_access deny !password
http_access deny !Safe_ports
http_access deny Dangerous_ports
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
http_access allow notporn password
http_access deny porn
http_access allow password
http_access deny all

Also, using both Safe_ports and Dangerous_ports seems a bit overkill.
The two can be merged into one.

Reards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Hacker